Friday, October 7, 2016

Reunion in Hamburg


I don't know why it's so hard to write my blog here in Finland but I owe it to me and to you to somehow complete this blog. Well actually I guess I just stated the reason aloud but we'll get back to that matter later on...anyhow...

I was on my way to the last leg of my European tour 2016. I was gonna revisit Hamburg. I was there first time like five years ago or so and I kind of liked it already then but I didn't do any partying. This time I was gonna visit a friend of mine that I met 2014 in Albania. I was only in the beginning of my journey back then so it was cool and frightening to meet Mr. Tordone now that I have been on the road for two years. I mean this was gain such a case that I told you earlier. You meet someone in different country in a hostel and then you go to his home. What if the chemistry ain't there anymore. Well once again all my worries were in vain. It was so cool to see Tordone again and to pop up few brewskies and talk about what has happened since we last met. 
Me, Johannes and Tordone. Johannes was in Albania with
Tordone. It was so cool to hang with them both.
I know it's for taken and I wouldn't even need to type this but the places do really open up differently when you have a local guide. We went to some familiar spots but I also got to see the "real" Hamburg and the suburbs which was great.  I also experienced the night life this time and I have to say that it was terrific. The Hamburgians ( I have no clue how to call them properly) do know how to have fun as do all the Germans. So many cool small bars and pubs or just a street corner to hang with a corner shop to provide you with the beverage of your choice. We visited the bar where the Beatles started their career though it was too crowded and I was not intoxicated enough to wanna stay there. Another cool spot was also one, if not the oldest and most famous grill for the curry wurst. I felt like Anthony Bourdain, eating a local cuisine and chatting with the locals.

The famous unfinished opera house. 
Brand new and empty subway train station

I have to mention about this one interesting occasion that happened in Hamburg. Most people might have found the following situation a bit agonising but I didn't mind =)
We were having a breakfast or brunch with Tordone as his phone rang. After the telephone conversation he returned to the kitchen and it seemed that he was really struggling with his output,  I mean how to express the issue.
"Teemu, I was just invited to a bbq party on Saturday. I mean were both welcome over there. The thing is that it was my ex-girlfriends parents that invited me. There would be my parents, my ex-girlfriends parents, us and maybe my ex-girlfriend. Do you wanna go? I mean we don't have to go."

Omg lol, what a situation that would beand of course I had never met these people before. I went over the idea in my head for a second or two and heard my self say: "Well, it's free food so I'm in if you wanna go." You have to understand that I was really short on my at this part of my journey and then again I always get a long with people no matter what age or relations.

As it appeared that Tordone's and his ex's approval for the invitation was dependent on the opposing person's presence we actually agreed to join the bbq once we heard that the ex was coming also. Hah! You thought that it would mean trouble for them both to be in the same place. Wrong!

Damn! I have to say that seldom have I been fed as good as I was fed at that bbq and the drinks weren't scarce either. Schnaps and beer. We had such good time and there was nothing awkward about the situation. Happy days!
This is the coolest shirt ever. I tried to buy this
from Tordone but he didn't wanna sell. I
don't blame him for not selling :D
All good comes to an end eventually. I was two flights away from Finland....






No comments:

Post a Comment