Friday, February 26, 2016

Back "home".

My heart was beating faster the closer I got to Wolfpack hostel. One final hill and there I was, standing at the door to my home away from home. I had said to Chau and Kha (the couple running the hostel) that I might made my return some day and I guess I kept my promise and managed to surprise them totally as I had not told them anything about coming back to Vietnam. Oh joy! It so cool to see some familiar and friendly faces again. And the food, oh my, the daily dinner was again amazing.

A lot of water has flowed since my return to Dalat already and some cool things have happened.
For example a buddy of mine that I met in Malaysia last year was traveling in Vietnam and we met the same day I arrived to Dalat.
It was nice to meet again Craig!
The biggest thing however is probably the fact that I'm now playing bass/guitar everyday in a a local bar called the Escape Bar (check the facebook page). I used to play back in Finland but mostly only during weekends. I used to call my self a semi professional musician since I actually made some money out of playing but I guess I now have to call me a professional since I play every single night.
To be honest, I never ever thought that I would play music for a living but here I am :D And I have to say that I'm liking it a lot at the moment. Life is full of wonders if you just are open to seize the opportunities.

I've been mostly playing bass which is kind of a new experience for me. I played bass in my own demos but I guess I have only played one gig in Finland with a bass and now I'm doing it every night. Luckily most of the songs we play are somewhat familiar but the thing is that now I have had to listen them all again to hear what's going on with the bass. This has already been a great "school" for me. If/when I go back to Finland I can actually be used as a "substitute emergency" bassists and I have the blisters on my finger tips to prove it ;)

I'm gonna tell a bit more about what I've been doing here, beside playing, on my next post but now I'm gonna take a nap :)
It was so cool to visit my favourite bar in Dalat, Saigon Nite.
I guess the owner was also happy to see me (the Vietnamese
on the picture)



No comments:

Post a Comment