Saturday, January 16, 2016

Reunion in Piha.

I spent one night in Auckland and headed to the train station. From there I took the commuter train, got off and put my thumb in the air. After a extremely winding road and a nice conversation I found my self in a surfer haven called Piha. It's on the west coast about 40km from Auckland city centre and inaccessible by public transportation. I'm repeating myself but once again I got dropped straight to the hostel. That wouldn't happen with a bus :D

I opened the hostel's door and there she was, the woman for whom I made a schedule and gave up my unplanned traveling =) (wouldn't do that for anyone). And it was totally worth it, everything. We ended up spending a glorious day in beautiful Piha.

"Rock on bro" 
Yet another waterfall. This time from the top

Piha was perfect way to close a chapter. Perfect way to venerate her last day in NZ. Beach, waterfall, a bottle of wine. There was also the sadness of it. Like we all know, saying good bye is hard and usually inevitable but we did it the best way possible.
(Well we did actually go back to Auckland together the next day so we said good byes there also but it doesn't sound as romantic ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment