Monday, July 6, 2015

Greeting my ancestors and biker boys.

It was time for me to head back to Kuala Lumpur for two nights before my flight to Borneo. Yeah baby, I was going to Borneo, the 3rd biggest island in the world. Only Greenland and New Guinea are bigger. I've met so many people who had been around Malaysia but somehow had skipped Borneo. For me that was reason enough to go there :D

I flew from KL to Kuching, which is Sarawak's biggest city and Sarawak is a part of Borneo belonging to Malaysia. I instantly liked Kuching and ended up spending quite a few days there. Borneo is about outdoor activities, nature and wild life. One must thing to do is to go see some orangutans and I also headed to a orangutan rehabilitation centre. Here's a clip from there.
Hahaaa, there's so many things going through that oraguntan's mind....or not. "I'm sure I was in middle of something...hmmm...aaaahhh...eating!"

Did you know that orangutans know how to open a tap
but they don't know how to shut it. The park rangers need to
do it for them :D
Just lovely creatures.
There is a nice live music scene in Kuching and I ended up on stage once again but what was kind of a funny coincident was that I took this picture of the bar's door the same day I went there to play and and enjoy music. I hope they pay the bill before it's too late.
Notice of disconnection.
It was such an nice evening that I decided to go to the bar again. I started enjoying my evening already at the hostel with a nice cuban cigar and some Malaysian brandy which is btw so awful that you need to blend it with coke and it still tastes horrible. The "groove" at the bar was a little bit too chilled for my "party" mood that I decided to head on to the next place. There the band was just awful so I decided to move on to the third place that I knew had live music. Perfecto!
Finally a place where the band rocked but that is not that made the evening epic. As soon as I entered the third place local bikers, big guys with big bikes, greeted me asked me to join them followed by complementary beers. Whoa. It was a beginning of a nice friendship. Thanks to Chef&company again for a special evening! Hope to see you again soon! 

From left: Me, Chef and can't remember who...
The bikers left and the place closed so I also started to wander towards my accommodation but there was still one place open on my way...





No comments:

Post a Comment