Sunday, February 1, 2015

Vietnam road trip goes on

"Get you motor running. Head out on the highwayyyyyy....." We kept on driving through amazing sceneries with Born To Be Wild on my mind.
We even managed to find a place which is really popular amongst tourist but we had no clue what so ever about the place. Once again I had done my homework, NOT! It only happened to be a place with one of the biggest caves in Vietnam, the Paradise Cave. I wasn't that excited about the cave to be honest but even I have to admit that it was impressive. I wish I had spent a little bit more time in Phong Nha because i didn't go to the "Catch, Kill and Cook your Own Chicken"-restaurant over there. I've been amusing myself with the thought of going there and catching the first chicken that gives me the bad eye! "You there, you got a problem with me? To my pot, NOW!" =)




Nice row of bikes. 
That is a beauty! 

Is he taking a picture or having a pee? That is the question.
They do like colourful lights in Asia. 
From the "Bat cave"
I guess our roads parted in Phong Nha. Me and Max wanted to stay on the HCMR because of the scenery but the Danes wanted to take a shorter route and get to the coast. I'm so glad I made the decision to stay on HCMR because I was about to witnes some of the most beautiful sceneries I have ever seen and also the road was really cool. It was curve after curve and hill after hill. Me and Max really pushed our bikes to the limit but boy were we enjoying the driving even though it was freezing cold every now and then because of the altitude. We made a stop some where high up in the mountain and it took Max 15 minutes to warm up enough to take a leak. I was quite happy to have all the clothes that I hadn't worn probably more than once on this trip with me. "I knew there was a reason to be carrying woollen socks with me all this time!" =)
On that previous video I was again using my "GoPro-handycam" to capture some of the atmosphere and feeling of our ride. I really like the kids in the end giving us high fives :D
We made quite a few stops just to take pictures but also to give
the engines some lack.  


We stopped to get some gasoline in the middle of nowhere
and I can honestly say that we were the sight. There was
even more kids but they didn't wanna be in the picture.
Some landslides.
We saw many of these, I mean many.
"You like the color of my camera?"
Just have a look at this! We were basically all alone
in the HCMR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment