Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hue, Vietnam

Me and Max woke up once again in an unknown town. It was a dot in a map but we knew where we were heading that day. To Hue. Hue used to be the capital of Vietnam back in the days. 
That also meant that the original group that tried to leave Hanoi together was finally gonna be in the same place after one week. I knew that Lee was there enjoying doing nothing. 

The first 80km of this leg also happened to be fricking amazing. I was yelling inside my helmet that this is the life. Here's once again some video footage from that leg. 

Oh yeah. Daily selfie!
Well that is a pose! Well done Max
Another dam.
Big was the smile and the hug with Lee now that we were reunited. Now I finally heard what had happened to Lee when we were trying to leave Hanoi. As I already told he had lost his gear change lever but after he finally got on the road he just kept on driving like a maniac. He didn't basically sleep at all he just drove, drank coffee and smoked and drove again until he reached Hue. I reckon Lee had already been in Hue for 4 days when I got there but he hadn't really moved from the hostels balcony and the lazy chairs over there so there was no help from him when it got the sights. 
Luckily I met this German girl whom I already knew from the infamous Halong Bay party cruise. She was staying in the same hostel with me and asked me to join for the Forbidden City. As I always do homework before I go to a new place I once again had no idea what that was all about but I'm glad I said yes since that was the only day that it didn't rain in Hue. So goodbye all the Vietnam war tunnels and so on. I didn't wanna be crawling in mud. 
I guess I'm eating something here
It's Mr Grumpy himself keeping this old wall
standing. 
Damn turtle tried to eat my hand while I was innocently
trying to pet it.
A lake inside the Forbidden City
Hue. I waited a long time for the lights on that building
to turn green!! 
Nothing wacky happened in Hue other than when we were leaving Hue and I was starting my bike I noticed that somebody had stolen my ignition cord. WTF? The "funniest" thing was that the help just a little bit too conveniently right there. A Vietnamese guy offered his help to me and pushed my bike to a garage with the old "foot on the exhaust pipe" trick. Over there I realised that the money for the new ignition cord went straight to the guys pocket. Those bastards! Well luckily it didn't take that long and for the first time after that disastrous day in Hanoi we were really driving together as a group. For the first 2 minutes or so. After that me and Lee had already lost the rest of the group. They were driving in front of us and just didn't wait for us or something. Well we knew where we were heading so me and Lee just took it easy and enjoyed the ride. 

It was getting close to christmas so it was also time todo some carolling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment