Monday, February 9, 2015

Beginning of something great (from Hoi An to Da Lat)

Ended up spending my xmas in Hoi An eating really good Vietnamese food. Afterwards we went to this "pay 80.000Vietnamese Dong (4USD) and drink all you can" joint which was one of the biggest shit holes I have seen in a long time but I decided that I'm not gonna be complaining and just get drunk. The most memorable incident from that night was seeing this one guy being totally wasted and vomiting upon himself in a front of the toilet's door. There's a reason why I'm telling this to you but you will learn it on my posts to come. 

When I finally left Hoi An with Max after 5 days we had been driving about 2 hours when something struck me. I had forgotten my passport to the hostel!!! (yeah, in Vietnam they do take your passports because the officials want to check them every now and then). Said goodbye to Max and drove back to Hoi An. Can't remember the last time I've been so angry at myself. I wanted to shoot into my leg.
Well the lady at the hostel was also quite sorry because they're supposed to give you your passport when you checkout. I only hope I learned my lesson. With 4hours of daylight spent I decided to stay one more night and try again the next morning. This time they let me keep my passport =) 

With a slight drizzle as my companion I left Hoi An with a full tank and my passport in my pocket and headed back to HCMR and to the mountains. After 3 hours the sun broke through and the disappointment from the other day was swiped and I had the biggest grin on my face. For 10 minutes. God damned. I lost the chain again. The amount of swear words wasn't that huge because of the sunny and warm weather but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed the situation but it was a start of an epic episode on my Vietnam trip and on the whole journey. To be continued...
From this cloudy weather... 

...slowly into this.
There she is!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment