Friday, February 13, 2015

Beginning of something great, part 2 (I'm slowly working my way to the "great" part...just stay with me)

Check the previous entry if you don't know what's going on...

All the previous break downs had happened with in town area and therefore it was always easy to find a place where to fix the bike/bikes and there was also somebody else to go look for help or just to keep company. This time I was in the middle of nowhere and I didn't see a single building around. I remembered that that there was a small village couple of kilometres ago but somehow I didn't wanna double back so I just decided to take the risk and keep on pushing my bike to the original direction. I consider my self being a lucky bastard because after a couple of minutes I saw a tiny village with about 10 shacks and if there's two Vietnamese person either one of them is a mechanic.
So I pushed my bike to this small road going through those shacks and I saw one curious man eyeballing me and my bike. I hailed at him to check my bike and and pointed him the problem. The dude knew what to do and we managed to get the chain back on but as he tried the bike it kept loosing the chain again. He shook his head and pointed further away. Now I was getting a little bit worried since it appeared to be a bigger problem. So I pushed  my bike for a while past the shacks and the staring Vietnamese until I came to the last shack of that village. So it has to be this or nothing. Pushed my bike to the yard and saw this young guy shouting for his dad once he was me. It was the smallest convenience store I have ever seen but it also appeared to be a "repair shop" of some kind. After some hand signing the guy pulled his tools out and started repairing my bike. I was enjoying all the animals running freely on the yard when I heard a motorbike approaching from the same direction I was coming. I saw that the guy was a tourist and waved a greeting to him. He pulled over and drove to to the same yard and started talking to me with the thickest French accent I've ever heard. He also had bike problems but was still able to drive slowly and was looking for a place to get his bike repaired. He had a little bit  more serious problems with his bike so I advised him to move on and try to find a proper garage. He thanked, waved and continued towards south as my bike got fixed. I paid the guy 20k dongs (0,8€) and happily left the place knowing that the problem wasn't that big anyway since he managed to fix it. Boy was I wrong. After 500 metres it happened again. Shiiiiit!
Luckily I was on a hill top so I just changed to neutral and continued rolling down the hill. What did I see on the bottom of that hill. The Frenchy! Muahahaaa, he was driving really slowly and I even managed to catch him at the bottom of that hill. We decided to find a garage together and once again some kind of  luck was on our side since we only needed to push half a kilometre tops when we saw this garage on the left side. It looked more like it was meant for heavy machinery but hey, we were getting desperate.

2 hours of fixing, laughing, swearing, hammering, welding, laughing some more and language barrier and our bikes were ready to go again. Even managed to get a instant noodle soup at the village.
That crowbar is there for a reason. It is there to complete
the circuit so that the guy could weld my bike. Safety first! ;) 
Nico's bike and mine.  
"and with strong spells using all he's mana he fixed my bike." 
There you can see the part that was welded.
Me and Nico were not only being idle. Look at this Mc Gyver
fix we did to keep the indicator intact.
Daily selfie!

The Frenchy (from here on Nico) had a somewhat tight schedule so he wanted to keep on driving as long as possible but I was ready to just find the next place to sleep. It was also getting late and we didn't have much of daylight left. Therefore, when Nico's bike broke again after 200 meters of driving I decided to head to the next town and send Nico a message where I'm gonna be staying just in case hes was willing to join me. First I of course drove back to the garage to get the guys from there to help Nico.

I drove one hour in beautiful scenery with the last rays of daylight and found a town with hotel. Sent a message to Nico and got settled. 2 hours later we were drinking vodka in Nico's room. After all the stress and commotion he also decided to stay at the same town.


Holy shit! Shoe buddies! 
After an exhausting day, a bottle of vodka and second selfie
of the day. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your links with BCVC and make money from every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete