Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dubrovnik (28-30.8.2014)

Time to do some updates on where I've been. After nine splendid days in Sarajevo* I wanted to see the infamous Dubrovnik. So I headed back to Croatia. To be honest, Dubrovnik's old town is amazing but I was ready to leave the place after one night all though I ended up staying there two nights. Haven't seen that touristic place in a while and even though I'm a tourist my self it was a bit too much for me. 
Maybe for a romantic weekend with loads of money and a nice girl but not whilst backpacking. Even the Irish pubs sucked big time since there was no Irish staff. Poorest service ever and I went through 3 Irish pubs just to get a nice pint of cider and G&T. At least there was live music in one of them. 

Nothing really interesting to tell about my visit to Dubrovnik but this is a heads up for you Aussies because I know that you like to jump of from cliffs; one guy went unconscious after failing his jump from the cliff next to the old town wall. He broke couple of ribs also. 

*I didn't mention this in my Sarajevo post but I had one of my best hostel experiences there. Since I stayed there for so long time I had to say goodbye for two totally different kind of groups and atmospheres. First half of the stay I spent partying in the owners man cave (thanks Haris, you're the best) with guitar, darbuka and what ever "stomp material" we could find. You should have seen the faces of couple of new people when they found their way to the man cave which was full of drunken guys singing Oasis's Wonderwall. The second half of the stay was chilling and playing Uno (which I only observed) and it was like a family gathering. We even went to bed at same time. 

It's me pirate ship!

The city is full of little ants.

Respect my authoritaaah! This is my
police  look.

JUMP! JUMP!


For Whom The Bell(s) Tolls


"Aaaarrrgghh, my eyes"


Grilled shrimps. Under that pile is the biggest shrimp
I've ever seen and/or eaten.


I would love to do a buggy ride but there's something
missing. Oh yeah its the winker!





No comments:

Post a Comment