Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kotor, Montenegro (30.8-6.9.2014)

I ended up spending a whole week in Kotor, Montenegro. The place itself can be done in one day but since it’s getting cheaper and cheaper as I move towards south I don’t mind spending a decent amount of time in one place. Got to give it to Kotor, one of the most beautiful places where I’ve been so far. 
Trike and a local cop asking help how fine this vehicle ;)

Yo Kotor


Abandoned hotel was really creepy and a stone throw from
the old town

Where's Cpt Stubing when you need him? That's a
cruise ship! Yar!

You can see me taking a picture of Ms C. taking a
picture. In a fortress on a hill next to Kotor 

Mist!


Nightly Kotor with the fortress and it's wall in the background

A hole.

Kotor (knights of the old republic?)

old town



As I entered my hostel in Kotor a member of the staff told me that they're gonna do some kind of prank to some other guy and that I should come out to the yard in one hour. You can see what happened in this video. The “manager” of the hostel get’s his birthday cake! Serves you right Boban.

I went for a run with that birthday boy later on that week and realised how much I hate people who are running backwards without any effort whilst you’re in serious pain and just trying not to have a heart attack. Damn you Boban and your basketball years ;) 

Me and my pal Justin. J is a month old cat in. He went
missing a day before I left Kotor. Hopefully he's back at
the hostel.

I just had to try this stuff. 63 cents a bottle
in local supermarket 


As “why not” is my motto I decided to skip my plans to go to Budva for a day trip when group of six Belgians asked me to join them for a hike in a national park near Kotor. “Gimme two minutes to change in to my hiking gear and I shall join you”. My hiking gear is my runners (trainers) and a bottle of water. Somehow I also had a feeling that I might need my disposable rain poncho so I packed that also. 
After we divided our selves into two groups as males and females (that’s equality?!) we headed for the rental cars that Belgians had. Girls had the GPS so we followed them. After an hour or so of heavy swearing and nonstop braking and stepping on gas hence the over cautiousness of the female driver on our way up to the mountains on a curvy road we finally reached the national park. <—that’s a long sentence and probably proper Fenglish
At this point everybody was still smiling. Going to the
national park. 

If somebody would have asked me if we’re in a national park I would have probably said no but I trust the Belgians that It indeed was a national park. Well there were even some markings on the path every now and then. After 1 hour of hiking all three Belgian guys were done. One of them complaining about his knee, second one about blisters and the third just didn’t like hiking :)
Me and the girls wanted to continue and so the whiny guys headed back but we were determined to do the full hike around one mountain peak. There were only two minor things that separated us from succeeding. First one was heavy rain which started maybe 30 minutes after the guys headed back. As you might remember I had my disposable rain poncho with me but somehow only two of the girls packed rain coats. Come on! They were the hikers! 
Heavy rain combined with the fact that we lost the hike track and one of the girls being soaking wet to her undies were the reasons why we decided not to conquer the summit. Disposable rain poncho may also not be the best gear in case of rain whilst hiking
When we arrived back to the place where we started we saw the guys sitting completely dry in a restaurant drinking beer after 1kg of grilled lamb. 

Boy was I glad that I didn’t go to Budva ;) (note to Belgians, I still enjoyed the hike for real, thanks for inviting me)

well we're kind of still smiling and/but wet

I love this truck. Needs some pimpin' though!

0,5 kg of meat. Come on, there a tommy also!



No comments:

Post a Comment