Sunday, August 24, 2014

Food journalism, part 2 and 3

Part 2
I’m sorry this is not in chronological order but I want to tell you what happened in Honfleur, France. It’s a city by the sea so you're supposed to eat accordingly. After some difficulties with choosing the restaurant, because they have some kind of “siesta” between 14.00 and 17.00 I found a place to eat. I fancied some salad with seafood in it. Voilá! And everything seemed to be the kind of seafood I know how to eat =)
Boy was I wrong. At some point the waitress came with the cutlery but there were also instruments looking like I was to do a bypass surgery with ‘em. At that point I knew I was in trouble. In came the dish and my intuition about the surgical instruments proved right. There was some crayfish in the dish and I don’t know how to eat them!1? 
Ok, I figured that the “body” is basically like a big shrimp. So that’s how far I got with it before I needed to ask some help. 
“Excuse me, Mam. I don’t have a clue how to eat these or how to use these instruments. Could you help me please?”. The woman looked really not so happy about my request but said finally: “I need to wash my hands first”. 

After a while the lady came with one more crayfish and started processing it. Crack here and a probe there. Muahhhaaa. I’m so glad I  asked for help because I could have never figured out how to use those instruments. 

Still not sure if it was worth all the effort but it was kind of fun though and I know now how to operate those bad boys!

Before

After


Part 3

Roasted pork knee and home made potato salad. Yammy!


Mussels. The restaurant had only 8 seats inside and few
more outside. 

Lamb on a skewer....

and later on in my "plate". One of the best lamb dishes ever.

Maybe the best red wine ever. Crown caps rule!!
1 liter for only 1,75€ In Sarajevo.



No comments:

Post a Comment