Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Croatia (What happened in Croatia after surroundings of Pula)

And then came the day when my Austrian friends were to head back to Austria. They dropped me in Rijeka which is mostly know for nothing. If you like decaying industrial buildings the place might be for you. I basically revived couple of days there and headed to Zadar. 
When I arrived to Zadar I once again had no idea where I was or where my hostel is. Since there was no map what so ever in the bus station I used my mobile phones map app to find the place. Muah, the hostel was only a 500 meters from the bus station. Sometimes I'm just a lucky bastard.

I've seen quite many hostels but the stay in Zadar will stay as one of the most rememberable stays for me. The premises itself were in quite bad shape and the kitchen and the fridge were filthy but the owners made it all up. There was nobody in when I got to the hostel but after a while the owner came to greet me and we started checking me in. It took ages because the owner thoroughly showed everything worth seeing in Zadar from the map, twice. After that I had only one question. "Where can I get some roasted pork". In Croatia they bbq whole pigs everywhere and you can see those places in street corners and in front of restaurants and I fancied some pork. 
15 minutes later we were riding the owners scooter to get me some pork. The owner took a detour though and soon I found my self in the old town looking at the places he had just showed from the map. We drove around the old town a while but after one stop the scooter didn't start anymore. Well, than god Zadar isn't that big because we pushed the scooter back to the hostel. At this point I thought that the owner is just gonna point the place in map but no. He got some bikes! After some pumping and saddle adjusting we were of to get me some pork. Got to the place finally and even managed to buy some pork though I still needed to lend some money from the hostel owner :D
That pork with fresh buns and tomatoes from the hostels garden was splendid! 

After Zadar I spend a week in Split and I already wrote you about the hostel incident there. It was a fun stay there. Some running, some sight seeing and some partying. 



Street art in Rijeka

Rijeka babyh!


This cat slept with me in Zadar

Me and a rental scooter in some island in Croatia.
Respect my authoritaaaahhhh!!!! 




Check the thermometer. It was hot when I got to split.


Behringer is everywhre!

B.Nana also got out in Split.

Sunset in Split

No comments:

Post a Comment