Monday, July 4, 2016

I really, really hope Buddha/karma/what ever weren't trying to tell me something....

This is a story how buying as simple item as flight ticket can sometimes be total pain in the ass:

I was browsing for my flight ticket for today, 4th of July and found kind of a perfect option both time and money wise. I got all the way to the stage where you have to pay the ticket. No problemos, use the credit card and get the ticket, or that's what I thought.
My mastercard got declined. Ok, these things happen sometimes. I try my other credit card which also happens to be a mastercard. Yeah, you smartasses, I shouldn't have two of same kind, I know but since my bank decided to change my visacard to a mastercard without me having anything so say about it and being abroad...Well as you can guess my other credit card got declined also.
I contacted my bank and they replied within 10 minutes to tell me that everything is fine, has to be a problem with the website.
I decided to postpone my flight ticket purchase and try it again the next day just in case there was somekind of problem with the connection or what ever. But the next day was exactly the same.

Okay, I knew that there is a that company's office in Nha Tran so I was like, okay, no problem, I just go to the office and buy the ticket the old fashioned way.

I find the office and get to the point where I have to pay the ticket. "I'd like to use my credit card please." Then I notice that they don't have the credit card reader device but they use the same web-page that I had tried multiple times....Duh...

Well no problem! This is exactly why I took some cash with me. Hooray for my brains.
"Can I pay with US dollars?"
"Yes, dollars are fine!"
"Nice, here 110" dollars" (the ticket was 108USD...of course the price had risen meanwhile I was trying to purchase it for couple of days)
"Errr....I can't give you dollars back. Do you have exact change?"
"Okay....okay...what if you keep the 100 dollar note and I pay you the 8USD in Vietnam Dongs?"
"Yes, that is okay"

I give the lady a 200000Dong note to cover the 8USD. Then she picks up my 100USD note and says:"Sorry sir, I can't accept this note".

I'm like what the f***?!?

There's was a 3 mm long rupture/rip on the note. Other than that it was like brand new...3mm long rupture on one of the sides.

"Really, you can't accept a perfectly fine 100 USD note?"
"No, maybe you have another one?"
"Yes I do have another one, back at the hotel...."
"Maybe you come back with that one?"
"No thank you, I won't be coming back. Thank you for your service. I will choose another airline. Good bye"

Raaaaaahhhhhh....

2 comments:

  1. Pankit on kivoja, kun tekee muutoksia tuosta vaan. Minulta vakuutusyhtiö muutti 38 vuotta voimassa olleen vakuutuksen ehtoja yksipuolisella ilmoituksella, oli pakko irtisanoa vakuutus, kun omavastuu nousi 800 euroon. Elämä on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuosta kommentista kun ottaa sarkasmin pois ei jää jäljelle mitään. Ime palloja Tsimppa! ;D

    ReplyDelete