Monday, July 4, 2016

142+ gigs later.

142 f***ing shows in consecutive days at the Escape bar plus some other gigs like a wedding gig and some solo performances. I only "managed" to skip 3 show. One because of a food poisoning, once we had no drummer so Bob sent me home (I was totally fine with that) and the third time I was doing my visa run in Cambodia. Of those 142 gig I played mostly bass. The last about 20 were me playing acoustic guitar with the drummer, Mr Chuoun except some days when we had some visiting musicians. I have to say that I have grown as a person (hell no, just kidding) and as a musician (this is actually true) thanks to Bob's rock 'n roll high school.

Btw, my farewell party was awesome! Here's some pictures from the festivities. 
Here's me and some local posse and Bob of course. Ms Thuy
aka Boss woman on the right. 
And here's the new band replacing the huge void I caused
by leaving. =) Beautiful Mrs Marie.
Tomo on the background. Makes delicious Japanese food at
his restaurant Ichi. Go see him if you go to Dalat. 
Bob, me, B.Nana (yes she is still alive and kicking) and
Boss woman.
My good pal Tuan with a huge bana...huge grin on his
face!
Some Russian beauty! Muahahhahaa
Me and Martes aka the Flying Dutchman.
I'm at the Ho Chi Minh's airport writing this and waiting for my flight out of Vietnam. I just arrived here from Nha Trang. God damn I don't like the local sleeping busses aka "coffin busses". I'm just way too big for those "beds" in every dimension. So not much sleep last night but at least some.

What did I do in Nha Trang? That is a good question indeed! You probably wont remember a dude called Reyman (aka a El Reymundo) but I played with him at the Escape bar before Bob came there as his substitute when Reyman moved to Nha Trang. So I just wanted to meet my buddy in NT. It was a blast.  We did some jamming, ate a lot of delicious Philippine food (thanks to my man Joseph who cooked twice for me and Reyman) and drank way too much beer :D Thanks to everyone in Nha Trang for the hospitality! I wanna see you again one day! 


Me, Joseph and Reyman

This is one way to spend a night in Vietnam. Jamming in a small restaurant. We carried the instruments and the amplifiers there on scooters and started playing :D Thanks to all my Philippine&Russian homies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment