Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter egg!

I had actually no clue about the whole easter thingy but as I got some easter greetings messages I remembered that Christian holiday ;) As you might guess you don't actually see it being celebrated here in Vietnam which in a way is a bit weird since there's a lot of catholics here. Anyhow....
There's one food that has kind of been on my list but I guess I just didn't have enough balls or just lacked the interest to actually make it happen. I happened to mention this treat to a Canadian girl who visited the bar I'm playing in and voilá. Two nights later she came to the bar with two boiled eggs. Well there's nothing strange with boiled eggs but these particular eggs happened to be the infamous duck eggs with the embryos. Wihiii! It was time to do weird s*** again!

at this point everything is still ok. 
..but then you crack the egg open and get to the goodies...
and this is how it looks like. Yes, thats feathers
and bones and stuff.
I have to admit that this has been probably the hardest thing for me to "digest" so far. The taste was actually not that bad. Like a hardboiled egg (too long time cooked) but with feathers and bones :D
Seeing all the extra goodness made it so much worse. I think a blind tasting would have been so much easier. I'm glad I did it but I don't think I'm gonna go for this one again. I really needed to do some proper chewing with this one.  :D




1 comment:

  1. Hello from Canada! Ha. what an event. Was definitely not the most enjoyable food I ate in Vietnam but it was an experience. I'm glad I didn't do it again!!! Hope all's well in Da Lat!

    ReplyDelete