Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Good bye south island.

So I had just returned my rental car to the Nelson airport which meant I had to get some kind of transportation again, meaning hitching. First I got a ride from a Swedish restaurant owner who has been living in NZ for 15 year already, running his business. He was only able to take a few kilometres further but the place he dropped me at was way better for hitching. After a while this "hippie" van driven by another backpacker picked me up and it was perfect for me since he was going all the way to Picton. We took the same scenic route that I had driven with my rental car but now I could just enjoy the ride and the scenery. 
The owner of the vehicle was heading to Wellington as well so I kind of ended up asking if it was possible to join him for the ferry from Picton to Wellington as well, and it was. Voilá! I just had managed to get a ride all the way to Wellington. Not bad! We stayed one night in Picton, cooked some pasta and had some red wine. Sweet as. 
I can't remember the name of the guy with whom I was travelling so we can call him Pierre. The next day we had some time to spend before heading to the ferry port so we did some sightseeing with Pierre's van. Once we got to the ferry port we had a tasty jam session in his car. Pierre had two acoustic guitars with him so we were rocking the van totally and some people even came to listen to us. Hahaaa..It was cool. The neck of the guitar was sticking out from the window. 
After a really boring ferry trip I we were in the capital of NZ, Wellington. I had just changed the island. Good bye south island, nice to meet you north island! 
scenery from the ferry. The last sights from south island.
Now then, there is a reason why I was kind of hurrying through the last places on south island. I had a schedule to be in Wellington on a certain day. "Whaaat, you, a schedule?!?!?" I know, you don't hear that too often from me. The reason was... naaah, I'm gonna tell you about it on my next post. 
Wellington

1 comment:

  1. Using CarRental8 you can discover cheap car hires from over 50000 locations globally.

    ReplyDelete