Thursday, June 4, 2015

On The Road Again!

So it was time to get on the road again. After having said emotional good byes tho the Wolfpack-team I hopped on a bus to Saigon. Waited couple of hours to get to the airport with the really cheap bus connection and got my passport stamped and was ready to board the plane. Last couple of days in Vietnam were somewhat tiring so I woke up in Malaysia after having a nice nap of two hours in the plane. Kuala Lumpur (from here on KL), here I come! I didn't even have any problems but the only thing I was a little bit tensed up was getting in to Malaysia without the flight out. As a Finn I don't need visa but basically the immigration officials might want you to prove that you're not staying in the country. The airline's staff even made sure that I have a credit card with me to buy a ticket if necessary and asked just to be cooperative with the immigration. Well, I was ready to buy a ticket if that was the case but for sure I did not have one =)
Petronas Twin Towers, check.
Some street art from KL
"Hello Sir, How long are you gonna be staying in Malaysia and are you only visiting?"
"Well may be one month, I don't know and after Malaysia probably to ***********."
"So you don't have a ticket out of the country?"
"No sir, I don't"
"Well, welcome to Malaysia. Have a nice stay!"
*pheeeeeew*
Monument to remember those who perished during the WWI&
WWII
Add caption

The obvious question for some people might be why Malaysia? Why not Cambodia, Laos or Thailand? Well, to be honest, after 6 months in Vietnam I was had heard every story available about those countries and I just didn't wanna go there anymore. I wouldn't be going with the flow if I didn't listen to it =) So I will probably let the dust calm down a little bit and then visit those places with fresh thoughts. One reason to choose KL was the cheap flights. 70USD is quite ok for me.

To be honest it felt good to be again in a situation where I needed to figure out the currency and how to get to the hostel from the airport. It felt somehow homely, familiar and good.

After 6 months in Vietnam the lack of language barrier was cheery and also the availability of basically every kind of food you can imagine was nice thing for a change. I have to admit that the first meal I had was at Mc Donald's but boy was it good.
Menara KL tower, check! 
And both landmarks in the same pic. Double check!

ps, only two days two my first anniversary on the road. On 6th of June I have been on the road for one whole year! Raise a glass or two for me because I'm also gonna do that for sure.

Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment