Saturday, October 18, 2014

The rest of Macedonia=Skopje

Before I tell you about my adventures in Istanbul there is still one matter to discuss. Well actually there's nothing much to discuss about the rest of my stay in Macedonia since the most ground shaking thing that happened in Skopje was that some bastard ate my salami and drank my apple juice from the hostel’s fridge. Made my blood boil. It was nice juice god damned and I was so looking for my morning toast with salami. May Hermes strike this bastard down!
Me, B.Nana, hostel's owner (left) and employee. Sweet picture!
It was a pleasant stay in your hostel. Thanks.
For the first time on this trip I lost my temper with a fellow traveler. There was this on guy whose nationality I’m not gonna reveal since it bears no relevance but the second night he was being annoyingly loud at 4am I got out of my bed and walked to the room where he was staying and just let it all come out; “Now shot the fuck up you motherfucker and let people sleep. There are also other people in this hostel so please have some respect towards those. Yes you motherfucker, I’m talking to you so shut the fuck up now!” I have a really long fuse and it’s not very Teemuish to do something like that but I was really proud of myself and I was chuckling in my bed after my spurt. 

Other than that I just felt like I’m in a computer game or some kind of alternative reality. Skopje (Skopje 2014 project) with it’s goal to build some kind of cultural identity to Macedonia is just something that you have see with your own eyes. Numerous sculptures, monuments and statues are spread around the city centre and the numbers are in hundreds. I asked quite a few Macedonian that what they think about the statues and where they asked or did they want them at the first place and the reply was always the same. “We didn’t want them. We don’t know the reason for them and we don’t like them.” Way to go Skopje! But one thing I can guarantee, somebody made a fortune by manufacturing those statues and I bet that someone is related to someone responsible for the order of the statues.
Probably my favourite statue in Skopje.
Yar! Pirate ship as a restaurant. Heresy!
Ave Caesar!
"Well 'ello"
There was two bridges like this full of statues and all of them
new.
Place called Matka, 30 minutes from Skopje.
Matka. Amazingly beautiful.
Well have a look at this guy.

One of the creepiest places ever. Amusement park that was
not in use anymore. 
Old school carousel!
Imagine this place at night time.
Probably the biggest monument ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment