Sunday, July 20, 2014

Caen (pronounced in Finnish-French: Khö) (09.07.2014)

Caen is in the Province of Calvados, France. Hente and me both really like to get the authentic feeling of a new city or town by just diving in to the gourmet it can provide, in other words the alcohol that the natives drink. In this case obviously Calvados! The cheapest bottle the supermarket had to offer was under six euros so we went for that and about two hours later we went for another ;) And to be honest, it was horrible.
But how many of you can say that you've been drinking Calvados in Calvados in front of a mid eval castle! I can. Yes, I can.

B.Nana, me and a castle. Caen (Khö) in the background.

It's only my opinion but I really think this
cannon is badly positioned!

Calvados...mmmmmmmm... The castle is 180
degrees to another direction =)


Caen itself was quite dead as a city and I rarely see Hente so disappointed when he realised that all the stores closed at 7pm. He was to buy a t-shirt  for himself as he didn’t pack too many of them but as we spoiled ourselves with a ride in miniature train (Le Petit Train) around the city all the stores closed during that sweet ride. 

Luckily we found one pub that was still open and they even served my new favourite drink, Spoon Alcohol. The bartender was Captain Morgan look alike and when I politely told him that Captain Morgan is probably the worst Rum in the world he searched his secret stash and pulled out his own special ingredient. Pineapple bits that have been soaking in Rum. Those bad boys gave Spoon Alcohol some extra punch :D B. Nana also liked the last grog of Spoon Alcohol as you can see from the pictures. 
Hente in Le Petit Train :D

Rabbit Pizza. I wonder why it was out of business...?

Logos for you. See Hente in reflection wondering what
this place has got to offer.

Me and Captain Morgan after Spoon Alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment