Thursday, July 21, 2016

Garlic bread and hiking in Linz

My next reunion was one of the most anticipated ones for me. It was gonna be my third time in Linz to visit my brother from a different mother, Dan “The Man”. Since it was my third time there was not gonna be any sightseeing, just catching up, chilling and maybe, just maybe some beer enjoying. I met this guy quite a few years ago in Scotland where we ended up bumping into each other couple of times and that’s when we knew it’s our destiny to stay in touch ;) My pal had been through some rough times and that’s why I was even happier than usually to see a big smile on his face when he came to pick me up from the train station. “Let the games begin!” And what a friend I have, he brought a bottle of Cava with him to the station. We were supposed to drink it right at the platform but the plan had only one flaw. The lack of a cork screw. After a well intended and a worthy try that nearly demolished the cork totally we decided just to go to a bar and ask for them to open it and so we enjoyed to bottle between mighty concrete block houses. Cava is still cava no matter where you drink it ;) It’s with whom you consume it! 
Me and my hippie friend, Daniel
Besides the usual beer drinking we were actually on a quite active mode also. Daniel called his parents if we could use their camper van for a couple of days and so we headed for the Austrian back woods. Due to bad weather and lack of proper water proof gear we only did one hike but it was so good nevertheless. We had couple of beers with us, some sausages and bread rolls for a perfect picnic snack at a beautiful mountain lake. Unluckily there was so much fog and rain that I couldn’t get a proper picture of the lake. The memory remains though unless I lose that specific brain cell ;) 
This is not the lake mentioned above but it is a lake nevertheless.
Hey! I've had a beer in that Gasthaus on the back ground. 

Btw, Daniel will be a great wife someday for some one. He makes amazing food! Especially the garlic bread (which is not that complicated, I know) was amazing. He did it twice just because I requested it. The first one was really good but the second one was heavenly. You know, some people avoid garlic and onions when they're going out. We used a whole garlic for one loaf of garlic bread so me and Daniel ended up eating half a garlic each before we headed out! :DD Stay away you bloodsucking vampires! And I’m not even gonna start with the Schnitzels he prepared for us. Damn Daniel, if you were a girl I would have definitely made a move. Muahahhahaa. See you some day somewhere again!
The hike picnic. Look, I have a cold dog! 
"Yayyyy! It's water!" *Splash splash* Sometimes
Daniel can be a bit childish, unlike me...
Josef, it was also really good to see you again! I hope next time we actually have a better opportunity to catch up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment