Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Roadtrip to the coast.

Howdy! It's been a while since I did this trip here in Vietnam but I got some nice pics so I want to show you.
You remember the hostel that I stayed for a long time...of course you do! Well the couple running the hostel asked me to join them for a trip to the coast, Mui Ne, to visit Chau's parents. "Why not" - I said. Since I din't have my own bike at that time Kha and  Chau borrowed me an automatic scooter and so we picked our mutual friend to ride with me and off we went.
Driving towards the coast. 
A temple somewhere in Vietnam
The first night we spent somewhere on the coast. It was a holiday resort(ish) place for Vietnamese people but also almost deserted. I was told it was calm before the storm but it was kind of weird for me that during the biggest holiday in Vietnam a holiday destination on the coast is empty. I still got a lot to learn about Vietnam, I guess =) I guess it was also as unusual for the people at the "resort" to see Westerners there, considering their looks. 
I wish I had not forgotten my camera to the hotel since the foods we had that night were quite interesting. We actually needed to drive to the closest town to get our dinner since every restaurant in that beach place were closed. If i remember correctly we had some steamed pig intestine, whole crayfishes and some hotpot.

The next day we drove to Chau's home place to stay with her parents for the next two nights. Here's some picture from the way there. 
Fishing boats, a lot of 'em




I'm gonna let the pictures do the talking. I just wanna thank Chau's family one more time for letting us stay in their house and cooking us some great Vietnamese food. I've been privileged to have had the opportunity. Chau's father also fetched me a guitar from one of his neighbours so I spent some time laying some tunes with that. Once again I was like Jesus with the apostles because the kids from the neighbouring houses gathered to listen to my playing and probably to wonder what the heck is this dude doing here. =)
A crab meal.
Chau's brother liked to draw rather than speak. Look, he even
draw a picture of me...(oh boy)
Our group on a sand dune. 
Cool spot for a terrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment