Saturday, December 12, 2015

Lord Of the Rings

Some people come to NZ for hiking. Some people come here because they just wanted to come here (me). Many people come here for all the adrenaline rushing activities and sports. The Germans come here for....well to be honest I don't know.. ;) But there's still one group that I haven't mentioned. LOTR fanatics who come here to see the locations where the movies were shot. I do enjoy the LOTR trilogy but I'm not interested enough to take any expensive tours to the sites.
I promised to tell you about one nice thing that happened to me while in QT and this is it. My ultimate LOTR experience. Remember the bus driver from my Milford Sound post? We were driving through the beautiful wilderness of New Zealand and the guy showed us couple of spots where the film crew stayed and so on but the coolest thing by far was: He is in fact Boromir! I couldn't believe it?!?!? I'm sitting in a bus driven by Boromir and listening to his commentary on Milford Sound and!

Now you must think that I lost it totally but that kind of happened years and years ago already. It still might be better that I explain myself. Naturally the guy wasn't Boromir. The movies and the book are fictional you gullible you! You should't believe everything you see in TV! Jedis are real but LOTR is just fiction, trust me.
Neither was the guy Sean Bean, nope, but he acted as Sean Bean and therefore as Boromir. Some of you might know that Sean Bean has a terrible fear of flying and to many of the shooting locations the actors were flown with a helicopter. So this one day the LOTR team was shooting a scene for the Fellowship Of The Ring with the main characters running on top of a mountain. They were about to board the helicopter when Sean Bean said: "Hell no, I'm not stepping into one of those!". That meant they needed to get a stunt double for him and thats where our French bus driver stepped in :D

I know my cup was full already after the Steepest Street and Charlie so now my cup actually overflows. I must be blessed somehow.

So enjoy my first and probably last LOTR related picture of my journey in New Zealand.
Me and Boromir....me and Sean Bean...s***.Me and a
French dude. Yeah, now I got it right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment