Saturday, November 21, 2015

To hitch or not to hitch?

Before I say anything else, Panu: Meikä hörnii punkkua tätä kirjoitellessa joten ihmeiden aika ei ole ohi! (eikä ole maitolasia viekussa)
Sorry about that...
I had decided to hitch to Dunedin and save some money. I was supposed to get a ride from another backpacker to somewhere on the road first and then continue on my own but this girl was a no show ( I hate no shows). I don't know what happened but I waited for her for 45 minutes and she didn't come. This combined with the weather made me change my plans. I wasn't in the mood for getting totally soaked even though some friendly soul could have felt sorry for me and picked me up for a ride. It wouldn't have been worth getting pneumonia. I also have to note that the weather was freezing cold. Now some of you might say that "Hey, you're from Finland, you're used to it". But I'm not! Not anymore. Usually temperatures around 10°C would be totally fine but my has adapted into the warm temperatures due to all the time spent in warm countries. Funny but it is really possible.

So bus it was gonna be then. I wasn't sure if there was space in the bus going to Dunedin but hey, if plans A and B fails then you just go with plan C. I managed to get a ticket to Dunedin and had a nice chat with a Kiwi who was also supposed to hitch to Dunedin but the weather got him to change his mind also. This Kiwi also disliked Christchurch so I'm not alone with my opinion. 
Yay! Happy times on a windy, really windy, beach. I decided
to skip swimming this time. On the right Ms K.
It was once again time for a reunion. I was to meet a woman I met in Vietnam and to crash her couch for a couple of nights and to get some inside info about the country. It's good to have friends! =) 
Ms K picked me up from Dunedin and then we headed to a small coastal village called Port Chalmers. Yay! The sceneries started to more like the ones I came her for. I still didn't see Gimli running on the hills but I have time....I have time.
Ms K's dogs, aka nuggets checking whats going on. 
This is how Port Chalmers looks from Ms K's balcony.
Pretty sweet I should say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment