Monday, November 30, 2015

No more childish tricks or prolonging your wait, this is the real deal! This is THE post of all post and the explanation to my enlightenment.

I got some disappointed feedback after my last post so I guess it’s time to let you out of the hook.
Thank you anonymous person. You know who I mean! ;)

There’s two separate things that fulfilled my worthless life and of course I didn’t have a clue about there occasions/places when I arrived to Dunedin. So finally this is the moment of truth. I’m gonna tell you exactly how/what happened without adding anything nor leaving something untold. I’m gonna be as open as a person can be and be figuratively speaking but naked in front of my audience. 
You got your popcorn ready yet? Here it comes!

First I heard about this amazing sight in Dunedin. The sight of all sights. I think it’s one of the seven wonders. You haven’t done New Zealand, not to even mention Dunedin,  unless you’ve done this place and the appropriate rituals over there. Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready? ARE YOU READY? Can I get amen? Praise the looordah! Ok…I’m getting a bit carried a way I guess.

No more, no less: Worlds steepest street. I mean OMG. I have walked on quite a few streets on my life but never, ever before have my feet touched the warm, grey, quite rough asphalt of the Worlds Steepest Street! 
Tadaa!
"Get your certificates today!"
The holy grail and a pot of gold awaits in the end of this
street.
Some people decide to drive all the way up but I think thats blasphemy! (mostly since I don’t have a car). It’s either on foot or not at all! I huffed and puffed but I made it all the way up. I think there was even a drop of sweat on my forehead when I finally conquered the mighty summit of this monstrous beast of a street but it was totally worth it since from that summit you get the scenery of a lifetime. Lakes, forests, mountains, endangered species, dragons and leprechauns. I’m quite sure I even saw Gimli running with an axe. I was stunned. 
Breathtaking view! 
Feast your eyes on these “soon to be” award winning pictures from the aforementioned street and summit. I bet you weren’t ready for this?! Once you get over the first two shockwaves you slowly start to adopt all I just typed and you start to understand the meaning of this life changing climb.

And just when you think you have understood what I’ve been through on that day you’re gonna read about the occasion that finalised my fulfilment and made me whole. Amen! (not that I’m religious).

Kids, this is the story about how I met your mother!. Sorry about that…..I‘ve been watching way too many episodes of a certain sitcom. 

Dear audience, this is the story how my perfect selfie was photobombed by this selfish grey haired old dude who just decided to walk straight into my picture! What an a-hole. I waited like one hour to get the perfect light and wind conditions for this selfie and then this dude just decides to photobomb it. 
Waiiiiiit fooor iiiiiit!
Waiiiiiiiiiit fooooooooor iiiiiiiiiiiit! 
Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit foooooooooooooooooor
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Legen-dary!
Ok ok, maybe I knew who the guy is and wanted to get a selfie with him in the picture?
Come on, It’s Charlie with Fergie for christ’s sake. I do know it’s not Fergie but Camilla, but Fergie was the only female royal that came to my mind back then and so I call them Charlie and Fergie!

Ok, this is how it really went down: 

I returned to my hostel with my Chinese food lunch box and ate it with good appetite. Then I was thinking of having a nap when this girl from my hostel asked me to come see the royals. I didn’t know that there’s royals in NZ but I was like: “why not?”
On the way to the train station things started to make sense, the pieces started to fall into places, the dominoes started falling, the mountain erupted (maybe not) and I understood who we were gonna see. 

I rest my case! What else is there to see/to do anymore in the world? Old chap Charlie and the steepest street in the world, thank you. Thank you world and thank you flow for bringing me here and making me say “why not?” when it really mattered. It’s impossible to top these two experiences so I might struggle with my travelling from now on but I’m trying to find reasons to go on and go further! I’m finally enlightened.




No comments:

Post a Comment