Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Penis Shaped Rocks. (Göreme, Turkey)

There’s like one million places you can go to in Turkey but Göreme was the one I didn’t wanna miss. Before this journey I didn’t even know it existed but fellow travellers told me nice things about the place. So after spending one night in Konya I headed to Göreme. After 8 or so hours I arrived to Göreme just in time to see about 50 hot air balloons slowly glide in the afternoon sun. 

I usually always walk or take the public transportation to the hostel but whilst booking my hostel in Göreme I saw that there is a free pick up service from the bus station. I even phoned the hostel in advance that I’m willing to use the free pick up service. They told me to ask for the pick up from the tourist info when I’m in Göreme. Oh my god. This one time I decided not to walk the hostel it was basically around the corner. Can’t always win.

I’ve told you many times already that the world is small. This time I met a girl in my hostel whom I met like 3 or 4 months ago in Zadar, Croatia. To be honest I didn’t even remember her in the beginning but I guess I made some kind of impression in Zadar since she remembered me ;) It was a nice ice breaker though to arrive in to a hostel and meet somebody you’ve met earlier even if you don’t remember her… So it took 10 minutes in a hostel and I was off to see the sunset and to get some dinner with the rest of the travellers.

"Hmmm, Rocks they are"
Acster, does this remind you of anything? "Aja mun rattoria!!"
Göreme

Even the stray dogs bow before the mighty B. Nana!
6.00am and a load of balloons.
Me and my pal.
I can tell you that this balloon went pretty close.
B. Nana wanted to fly also.


I learned that there is few things you have to do in Göreme. See the sunrise. Take a balloon ride. Hike. Second option was a bit out of my price range so I decided to do my favourite things. FREE things. Woke up next morning at 5.45 with B. Nana just to see the sunrise. Nice pictures about that btw. Also did a 6 hours hike through the valleys with penis shaped rocks. I tagged along with this woman in her 40’s. You know the more the merrier or whatsoever. She was hiking along the same route anyways so I thought why not. Only mistake I did with her was that I let her drink a whole bottle of beer on our lunch break. She became a bit tipsy and I had to stop her for doing a couple of too risky climbs. Well she thanked me afterwards :D 
Smurfs live here or what?
B.Nana got stuck. Well she is a tree hugger.
Penis shaped rock
And more of them.
Some nice lens flares and a penis shaped
rock.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long links with AdFly and receive $$$$$ from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete